AJC Berlin engages in high-level leadership exchanges and missions that reinforce American Jewish-German relations and foster a greater understanding of Israel.
- Wars and International Conflicts | Pew Research Center.
- Little Book OGreen Beans.
- Palestine-Israel Primer | MERIP.
- The US policy shift on Israeli settlements will not stop Palestinians persevering.
Since , AJC has conducted an annual leadership exchange program with the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, the longest-running program between a German foundation and an American-Jewish organization. Learn More. I am very grateful for the trust AJC has placed in Germany.
- Come and See: Genesis (Come and See Catholic Biblel Study).
- Wars and International Conflicts?
- Redeeming Time: T.S. Eliots Four Quartets?
Our Priorities. It is composed of numerical ratings and supporting descriptive texts for countries and 14 territories. Freedom in the World has been published since , allowing Freedom House to track global trends in freedom over more than 40 years.
It has become the most widely read and cited report of its kind, used on a regular basis by policymakers, journalists, academics, activists, and many others. External analysts assess the countries and territories, using a combination of on-the-ground research, consultations with local contacts, and information from news articles, nongovernmental organizations, governments, and a variety of other sources. The final product represents the consensus of the analysts, advisers, and Freedom House staff.
For each country and territory, Freedom in the World analyzes the electoral process, political pluralism and participation, the functioning of the government, freedom of expression and of belief, associational and organizational rights, the rule of law, and personal autonomy and individual rights. The New York Times asked several experts to walk readers through pivotal moments of the past century. Yehoshua Ben-Arieh , a historical geographer at Hebrew University.
Many early Zionists were secular European socialists, motivated more by concerns about nationalism, self-determination and escape from persecution than by religious visions. There was a reordering of their society.
The local Palestinian aristocracy, the big families of Jerusalem, emerged as leaders of the Palestinian national movement, which was suddenly being confronted by Jewish migration. Opposition to that migration fueled several deadly riots by Palestinians, while Jews chafed at British rule and at immigration restrictions imposed in — restrictions that blocked many Jews fleeing the Holocaust from entering.
- The Electronic Eye: The Rise of Surveillance Society - Computers and Social Control in Context.
- Discorso di un italiano intorno alla poesia romantica (Italian Edition)?
- Gaston - tome 16 - Lagaffe mérite des baffes (French Edition).
- Die Metamorphose des Jünglings Nicola: Erzählung (German Edition).
- Learn about the History of the Middle East - Learning resource?
- The Special One.
- Jewish & Non-Jewish Population of Israel/Palestine (Present).
The Arabs rejected the partition plan, and a day after Israel proclaimed its independence in , the Arab countries attacked the new state. They were defeated.